Tybee’s Pirate Fest was established in 05 when a small number of folks started out looking for a distinctive event to help lure people to the island throughout the fall season. The very first year was so profitable than it has fast become an annual way of life and the big event continues to get bigger each and every year, appealing to pirates from near and far.
Pirate Fest 2013, will definitely turn out to be another awesome time for fun and activity for all pirates younger and older. Tybee Island GA will just as before offer their once-a-year Pirate Fest and headlining for entertainment this year is going to be Shooter Jennings (country singer) together with his band Triple Crown.
There will be a number of family activities, a ton of entertainment and the increasingly popular Thieves Marketplace. The festival grounds cover the full South Beach Parking area close to the Tybee Pier (Tybrisa St to 18th St).
Tybee Pirate Fest 2013
The Ninth Yearly Tybee Pirate Fest will start on Thurs Oct 10 and runs through Sun. Oct 13th. As usual, the weekend is going to be filled with an abundance of excitement:
- Buccaneer Ball – The Buccaneer Ball is slated to again be conducted at The Crab Shack on Thursday, Oct. 10th, 2013 commencing at 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. (EDT). Prior year attendees had a night loaded with dancing, eating and a good time included outfit contests and the crowning of the King and Queen. This time a Treasure Hunt as well as a Caricature Artist is added to the big event.
- Entertainment – In addition to the headliner Shooter Jennings, there’ll be other bands which keep you on your feet. Enjoy the beats, storytellers, weapon demonstrations and also other surprises planned this coming year.
- Family Activities – There’s always a great time planned for pirates of most ages. A spot is devoted to the littlest pirates that will involve; Costume Competitions, Face Painting, Magicians, Puppets, Inflatable bounce Houses, Pirate Demos, and much more.
- Pirate Parade – On Saturday the streets are stuffed with a parade of pirates and pirate ships, when they travel to the beach front by means of Butler Avenue. You will have judges available to distribute awards, simply get imaginative and participate in the event.
- Thieves Market – An incredible place to look for the ideal souvenir, the marketplace will be filled up with arts, crafts, costumes and pirate goods.
This year’s Pirate Fest in Tybee Island GA should demonstrate to be a tremendous success, therefore make some plans to stop by the weekend celebration. Check for other Tybee Island Events.